Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts of Today

Yesterday was a day that weighed heavy on the hearts of people all across America. The bombing at the Boston Marathon has rocked the worlds of so many people and families country wide. The newest count being released is that there are three fatalities, including an eight year old child and at least one hundred and forty one injuries. My little community here in Provo experienced a tragedy of their own when a fourteen year old girl went missing on her way to school.

Yesterday was a hard day for the country. That's all there is to say. And it's days like yesterday that all I want to do is go to bed so I can wake up to a new day that isn't full of heartache and pain. But as much as this would make me feel better in the moment when I wake up the next morning, the events of the previous day will still have happened and sadness will still be looming. So it's days like yesterday that I do the only thing I know will bring me comfort, I kiss my husband and kneel down to pray to my father in heaven. I pray for those who are in mourning and I pray for my family and friends. I cry and thank him for the great fortune I have to have such amazing people around me and I pray for comfort to come to those who are hurting. I pray that they will overcome the hardships they are facing and will find strength within themselves and within the people around them. It's the only thing that I know to do. And you know what? I can promise that it really does help. "Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms the child." John H. Groberg

So I'm going to give you the same challenge I've seen all over social media. Pray for the people in Boston and for their families. Pray for anyone in the world who is having a bad day or is experiencing heartbreak. If you don't pray, do whatever you do. Send them positive thoughts or good karma. But don't just do it for them, do it for yourself.





I just read that the girl in Provo has been found after being missing for over 24 hours. There aren't many details but I would venture to say that no matter the reason whether she was taken or ran away, many prayers have just been answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment